Friday, March 30, 2007

Weird Evening

Yesterday afternoon was weird. Due to a nearby tornado and my mother-in-love having a medical emergency, I went a good amount of time NOT thinking about cancer. I got to be "normal" for a little while, and although it was for bad circumstances, it was nice.

My darling husband, beautiful step-daughter, and I are now in Amarillo making sure that things will be okay for my MIL. Things are better than they were last night, and this evening there will be another procedure to take care of the rest of the problem. Do know I'm wearing a mask at the hospital on the urging of EVERYONE, and I'm going to take extra masks to rob banks and appear on the news as the "Chemo Bandit." (Well, that's the best I can come up with with my chemo-brain) The bank tellers will note how pleasant my demeanor was until somebody looked at my bald head and exclaimed wide-eyed "WHAT did you do to your head? Are you copying Brittany Spears?!?" After that they would show the loud mouth tied to the pop-corn machine with her mouth and nose full of, well, pop-corn. Okay, I'd never do that, but I do want to play a crazy person in a play someday. Maybe I'll write it in my free time.

Ooh! I change topics quick.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs watkins you crack me up! You are hilarious! You just keep that funny and postive attitude and things will work out for the best =]

I tried commenting you on this thing yesterday and i guess it didnt work and if it doesnt work this time i will be sooooooo mad haha..

"be strong in the Lord and his mighty power" ephesians 6:10

I'm still keeping you in my prayers =]


Savannah

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Someone said that to you? Better be glad I wan't there..blood would've been splattered. Only immediate family is allowed to make obnoxious comments like that.

Love, Shelly
P.S. I have no obnoxious comments right now but I'll be more awake later and finish up. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy,this was in my daily devotion and I thought it was for you too.
Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as adversity has done. Out of pain and problems have come the sweetest songs, the most poignant poems, the most gripping stories. Out of suffering and tears have come the greatest spirits and the most blessed lives.
For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
Isaiah:49:13
You are a blessing, more than you will ever know.

Ruth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your
MIL, but I know what you mean about the distraction.... can't wait to see some pics of you! :)

Ruth

Anonymous said...

test only

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it was good to see you on Saturday! Hope Renee was well enough for you to see her while you were here. Hope your mother-in-law is better. Glad you had a little normal time out and could share a bit of it with us. Look forward to seeing you again, and can't wait for your next blog comments. Glad your housekeeper is working out - a true blessing.

Love - Geneva

P.S. Your doo-rag was lovely.