Monday, March 26, 2007

GI Jane and the lint roller

Yesterday I surrendered my hair. My hair started falling out like a long haired dog in the summer time, and it was time to go. Chris cut my hair with his clippers on the back porch while I pet my three-legged dog's head. I got to see the real hair color that I've been hiding since my first coloring in the 80's with help from my aunts who planted blonde streaks in my hair after intense begging on my part. I didn't go with the mohawk because my hair hurt. It is hard to explain, but I can feel the hair in the follicles. It all needed to go.

There is a funny side effect of a buzz cut, and that is even the short stubbied fall out. It was hard not to laugh this afternoon when little stubbies fell into my grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't funny enough to eat, but I did buy a lint roller brush to roll through my buzz cut to catch the stubbies. Yep, the first reaction is EEEEWWWWW!!!, but it isn't so bad.

I took off work today, and will try for tomorrow. It is tough dealing with fatigue, but I gotta see is as my job right now to get better.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Amy - I am just a few days behind you. I go in for my third chemo tomorrow, and they say the hair will go any minute. Sharing your pain. And your joy at being alive.

Ruth