Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Installed!

I went to get my port today. I've never even had my tonsils out before, so I was pretty nervous about a knife cutting into me. It was a day surgery, and I was told to be there at 9:45. No food or drink after midnight. Soon after I checked in, I was taken to a room and told to change into a nice fashionable purple paper gown, blue hair net, and bright red socks. If they put a bright red nose on me I could have been a clown. Everybody was very sweet, and answered every single silly question I had. The operating room was cold, but I wasn't awake long enough to get chilled. Just after I told the doctor how nervous I was, I woke up. I'm very sore right now, and have some medicine to keep the soreness from becoming pain.

I'm okay, and now I have the weapon to put my chemo bullets in to kill the cancer. Time to fight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Thursday is the day! They at least gave you one day to get used to your new body part.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you need anything at all please give me a call at home or school.
Nieta