Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm no Superman...

Right now I'm watching a re-run of Scrubs. The jingle or little song sung at the beginning of each episode is a short and sweet "I can't do this all on my own: Oh I know I'm no Superman." I don't really feel like elaborating on this, but it has been a tune going through my head a lot lately.

Also on the Superman thought, my darling husband has remarked how cutting my hair off has seemed to increase my energy. It is kind of weird, but it seems kind of right. I feel better this week than I did the week after my first chemo. I don't know if my body is getting used to the toxic cancer killers or if my mind is handling the shock better. I really don't try to analyze why, but just try to enjoy feeling better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, it's also the thought that no matter what kind of night you had, you won't wake up with "bed head" or have to fight errant tresses when getting ready in the morning. That has to be a liberating feeling to not be a slave to one's hair every morning!!!

Becky

Ruth said...

I love Scrubs, too! And I shaved my head today. It's like we're separated at birth. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd say the shock. Yep, definately the shock..or maybe not using the energy to wash your hair everyday...

Love, Shelly
P.S. Can you come do my interviews for me? Pretty please.