Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hair

At the moment, I'm staring at a plastic mug full of wax. I hate this mug because it means it is time to remove the embarrassing facial hair that grows on my upper lip. Several years ago I started waxing myself after a dominatrix wanna-be left tiny purple bruises in each and every hair follicle over my lip. No matter how much makeup I used, I still looked like I had a 5 o'clock shadow. Now I stare at the wax knowing what it will do to me, but the end result will be worth it.

Wow, that is how I feel about the treatments I will have to go through. I don't WANT to go through them. They aren't fun, and the side-effects leave a lot to be desired. I will lose hair due to the cancer killers put in my body, and maybe I will be lucky and won't have to wax my lip for a while.

I got my wig in, and will later do a quick photo shoot to show it off.

I guess before I'm ready for my picture, I will buckle up and rip hair out of my face.
On that note, have a nice day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, It is good to hear from you, I look daily to see how you are doing. You are a precious Lady and I enjoy working with and getting to know you. I know God bought you to Westmoore. You have been a blessing to me and I wanted you to know that prayers are answered every day.

Have a good evening,
JP

Anonymous said...

Getting deep there Amy. I made the same comment (about lucky you that you won't have to shave your legs and so forth once the chemo kicks in)...for some reason they didn't think that was funny. I was deeply hurt. People's lack of humor cuts to the core. ;D

Love,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

was so good to talk with you today. You sounded so strong both in faith and physically. I wish yiu could have been out enjoying the sun, a very beautiful day. Shelly I am glad to hear from you through Amy. Hope to see oy soon, Love g.

Anonymous said...

I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD LET US ALL SEE YOUR WIG ON. YES! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO GET PICTURES OF THE RED MOHAWK TOO. I KNOW YOU ARE TIRED BUT THE SUN AND WIND CAN BE UP LIFTING FOR A FEW MINUTES AT A TIME. THANK GOD OUR ANIMALS HAVE BEEN EATING DRY FOOD SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM. KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE. IT'S CONTAGOUS!! HOW WAS THE HOUSEKEEPER? EVEN IS SHE WAS ONLY MEDIOCRE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT STUFF NOW. LET HER DO EVERYTHING THAT SHE WILL DO. YOU DESERVE IT!
PLEASE FOR GIVE THE SPELLING. IT SOMETIMERS YOU KNOW!
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU. I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING MY DRIVING AND YOU'LL BE SURPRISED TO HEAR I HAVE HAD NO WRECK SINCE I'VE BEEN HOME. I'LL TAKE YOU OUT FOR ANOTHER SPIN AND I'LL BET YOUR KNUCKLES DON'T GET TOO WHITE. I LOVE THE BLOG.
SEE YOU SOON (EVEN IF IT'S JUST A PICTURE)
PAT