Saturday, March 3, 2007

Blessed!

I know it may sound weird to anybody who has read the previous posts, but I truly feel blessed today.

I have already sent my worries about cancer to God, and He has taken those worries away with a wonderful calmness, but suddenly non-cancer worries were sprouting up like weeds in a cow pasture. Some of them had to do with money, some with work, some with housekeeping, some dealing with the balding effects of chemo. God spoke to me today through so many of his vessels, and now I know that everything will be okay. Believe it or not, my faith is increasing NOT because I'm afraid of cancer, but because I see truly see God everywhere in everybody I've come into contact with. That I am witness to this is one of the best gifts I've ever received.

I cannot even express the thanks I'm feeling that I know I am not on this journey alone at all. I feel I have cheerleaders (no need for mini skirts, now) from coast to coast. Not that I have that I have friends everywhere, but my best friend lives near the East coast, and my little sister lives on the West. I love every single one of you, and when I've cried in the last days, the tears have been tears of joy.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My husband and I were offered a room in the DFW area to have a weekend off before treatment starts, and of course we took it. One quiet weekend alone before the 1,000 pound gorilla tears its way into the room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet.Today has also been a awesome day for me too! I got to see Angel at the Sooner Fashion Mall. We looked at each other then looked away then reaalyzed it was each other. That was a blessing for me. Talk to you later.
Love
Lexie Watkins