Tuesday, April 3, 2007

busy, busy, busy

Great news! My mother-in-love is in the clear and at home. With the help of God, Pat's arm and heart are saved, and she has a chance to stay in the clear. She had a blood clot from her shoulder to her wrist, and the condition is known as thrombosis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrombosis Recently VP Cheney has had it, and one of my DH's aunts on the other side of the family has had to deal with it, too. I have no desire to ever have that myself, so that will get me out and walking when all I want to do is lie on the cold tile floor.

We got home Sunday afternoon, and went to spend the evening with my step-daughter's family. At her home, she is one of five beautiful children, and we had a delightful evening. It may have started an unofficial burger contest between our two houses, since they totally one-upped the burgers we served the kids on their last visit. It would actually be a great excuse to have the family over to our home and enjoy the beautiful weather that is coming... especially after the allergies quit attacking.

Tonight I went to a very inspirational Bible study and informal prayer group after the study. The prayer was for my healing, and was powerful. I wept with such joy with the love shown by God through these women I just met plus the love of one I've known for years. It is amazing how when I'm about to take my next chemo I have another booster shot of love. God is great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad thgs are going well with your MIL. I hope you were not too tired after you got home, did you go to school today? The trip to OKC is hard because of the traffic on I40. Haven't seen another note from Shelly, what"s up with that? Love, G.

Anonymous said...

Umm, another note from Shelly? You mustn't have looked hard enough! I have put myself in charge of bringing laughter and fun to this blog since we all know it is about moi! :) I mean, truthfully Amy, your a real downer sometimes. I expect more from a Gressett.

Love, Me

Anonymous said...

Geneva? Is that you besmearching my name?
:)
Love, Shelly