Monday, April 16, 2007

Answers to questions that have been asked:

When will you find out what comes next?
On May 3rd. I have a scan on April 23. Too long to wait if you ask me, so I'm going to ask if I can get an appt. with my oncologist sooner on April 19, which is my next chemo.

Sick days?
I've been very lucky to remain relatively healthy the last six years in Oklahoma, and Moore Public Schools let all the sick days I accumulated over the years come with me from Shawnee. If I had to quit going to work tomorrow, I have enough to make it through the end of the year and have some left over for next year. I will probably run out last year, though, and some of the awesome people I work with have offered to share their sick leave with me.

Who is Ruth?
She is a fellow Cancer Vixen who I have become acquainted with on a message board for young women dealing with breast cancer. She lives in Alaska and is the mother of two beautiful children, one adopted from China within the last year if I'm correct.

Why is your little sister (Shelly) so cynical?
Because I didn't beat her up enough when we were younger. Actually, she is also a cancer survivor (scar tissue cancer), and has been lucky to only have surgery. She is a smart a@@, and that is just in the gene pool of my family...added with dealing with the C-word and how the word will never leave your thoughts. All cancer sucks.

Why in the world do you teach high school?!?
Because I'm just enough crazy to love working with that age group. They're still technically kids with so many grown-up responsibilities and feelings. Oh, did I mention that I'm crazy?

Why are you up posting this late?
My mother brought some spread made with cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon. (YUM!)
I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner spread on a baguette with tomatoes. (extra YUM) Well, I think my allergy to mold is making me feel poorly, and I thought if I got up for a while I would feel better. I'm off to try to go back to bed. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Good FAQ's, Amy. Of course I always love the publicity, too. :)

People are also wondering who Amy is on my blog.... mind if I post a link to your blog? (You can't get there through your profile).

Ruth
blog stalker

Anonymous said...

You beat me up plenty as a kid and I'm not cynical..I'm witty and charming and ya'll need to remember that!
Love Shelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answers. Practical me I have been worried about sick leave days. thank God for schools htat care about their teachers. I already look forward to hearing from Ruth. Tell me where she is from and If it is anywhere near the weatern coast we will give her a call in June. We leave for Alaska June 3rd. Love. G.