Monday, April 30, 2007

I've been very busy.

The last few days have been very busy. First of all, for a while we've been going through the motions of becoming parents to one of my students since January, and all of the sudden everything is coming together. She will live in our house by the end of the week. We've been busy getting her room ready. It is amazing how much junk can fit in the guest bedroom closet.

Friday night I got to be with some of my heroes at the Special Olympics Banquet at my school. It was a wonderful and fun evening. I had extra fun by wearing my wig around people who haven't seen it yet. Some of my students and co-workers took a while to recognise me. One young man who I speak to daily wouldn't come near me because he didn't understand why I knew him. I DID have the best ribs I've ever had, and I had to take Chris to the restaurant that catered to prove it.

Saturday morning, Chris and Lexie went on a poker run on the motorcycle, and later that day we went to pay tribute to an old friend who passed away in Shawnee.

Sunday was a beautiful day for church and spending time outside in this beautiful time of year.

Well, Thursday is the big day. I'll work all week, and take Thurs. off to visit my oncologist and see what is next. If I don't post until then, nothing new has happened. I'm so thankful for all of your prayers and support.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been wondering where you were....

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...ribs...they dont' know bbq up here.
Love, Shelly