Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Weekend

My mom and sister came from Amarillo for the weekend. It was a great visit, and some great food that my mom cooked. Thank goodness my appetite is coming back. Mom brought a project for a prom where she is helping to make chocolate mousse filled tulips. The tulips were made by taking a small balloon and dipping it in melted chocolate and placing it on a melted circle on a cookie sheet. In the first three or four attempts, the balloon exploded from the heat and made a white chocolate mess in my kitchen. It was a funny way for a balloon to pop. I am feeling better every day, and I hope it will continue until the next chemo this Thursday.

Well, my Three Legged-Gun Shy-Bird Dog is begging to go to bed. She isn't as excited as the bedtime, the treat she has gotten almost every night for the last nine years at the same time. My smiling mutt dog is also ready. I need to get the energy and start walking her again. Last fall one of the neighborhood boys asked if he could have one of her puppies... and she has been fixed since she was a puppy. The fat roll by her tail yells I need exercise!!! I won't even start on mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laska. Today waas beautiful. 85 degreees. Are teachers giving you their extra days for sick leave? Much love, G.

Mammy said...

I am so glad you had a good weekend. I hope it is a good week for you. We are praying for you.