Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lazy Weekend, but Good Weekend


The only time I left the house this weekend was to attend church. Otherwise, I've been a lazy, lazy gal. I know it isn't truly lazy, but I would rather be doing anything but sitting around watching the beautiful days pass by.


One of the blessings I get from having to be sick are visitors. Yesterday, one of my many aunts was going to be driving through OKC, and came by to visit. This is the aunt who is two years older than me, and I probably (okay, DID) drive crazy by following her every step from the time I could walk. We've been dressed alike for weddings, I think she taught me the Cotton-Eyed-Joe, and she was my confirmation sponsor. So I guess you could say I was very excited that she would be coming by to say hello. Anyway, her and her friend's arrival caused a bit of a stir in my neighborhood...she's a Sister of St. Francis (Sr. MM: If I got this wrong, blame it on the chemo brain, and I can edit to fix). My Aunt Sr. Mary Michael and Sr. Mary Anna stopped by to say hello and got an introduction to one of my favorite shows: Mythbusters. It was a good visit, and I wish I felt better because when I'm tired I can talk and talk and talk and talk...and probably don't make any sense. After they left, a few neighbors checked that I was okay...I guess they thought I was getting visitation reserved for the extremely sick or dying.


Well, my PET scan is tomorrow, and I've been told to follow a low carb/high protein diet today and to eat nothing after 8AM. My appt. won't be until after 5PM. Huh! My onc. office told me that they should have the results on Tuesday, so I'll be stopping by on the way home from school. I'll post the results as soon as I know something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. Ya'll both look great by the way.
Love, Shelly

Ruth said...

St. Francis is my FAVORITE!! :) Anxiously awaiting your results along with you.....

Anonymous said...

I'm actually a School Sister of St. Francis in Panhandle, TX (close enough).

I love you Amy!!! :>

Sr. M.M.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You weren't kidding when you said you looked like your aunt! You really do. I hope you're feeling better. If so, I'll see you at work tomorrow!

Glenda