Saturday, April 7, 2007

Chemo #3


Yesterday was chemo #3. My best friend got to witness the slow infusion of the cancer poison, and kept me company during the boring two hours of sitting and waiting. I was given a shot for anemia as well as white blood cell counts, and will have the nice side effect of spine pain for a couple more days. I made a very bad mistake and ate pizza last night for dinner. I was feeling cocky from the previous week of feeling better, and will stay away from pizza for quite a while now. There is nothing much else to report but resting. Fatigue is the worst side effect of chemo, and I wish I could wash it away with a shower.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Amy - thank you so much for posting a picture. The story of the survivor tree is very moving.

Chemo #3 has been the hardest on me so far... I'm right there with you.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and your friend. Take care of yourself and I will see you at school.

Your friend,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Good picture. I wish you could just go to sleep for a couple of your worst days. Real snow here today, several inches. Did you have any? Have you met your blog friend Ruth yet. Such great support. You have someone right there at the sane place. Thinking of you , much love, G.

Anonymous said...

See, I was waiting for a picture of you to laugh at but I can't cause you don't look that bad. Darn. Maybe next time.
Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Test