Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my 35th birthday. I've never been upset about getting older, thanks to the wonderful example set by my mother. I also am hit with feeling older every day at work. Yesterday one of my students had a pair of sunglasses almost identical to a pair I recently bought, and I made a big deal how I was "hip" again for fun. Poor girl will probably throw her pair away. I don't think I was EVER "hip," even when I was young. Maybe for the few weeks being a dork was cool, but I wouldn't have known it if it happened. For discipline measures I just threaten to dance for them. Talk about cruel punishment...

Today is my last normalish day before tomorrow's chemo. It will be weird at work since I won't get to see all my kids due to End of Instruction testing. It is part of the accountability under the "No Child Left Behind" legislation. Today is the second part of the English 10 test, so that involves 1/3 of the school taking a test, and lots of students displaced since Westmoore uses a separate hall that can be closed off for testing to help reduce any disruptions. Okay, enough information.

Have a great day! I know I will make the best of mine.

7 comments:

Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You were around me enough to know that I think age is just a number and this year I'm going to be only a year older than my daughter!!!! Happy Day. God's Blessings to you.
-->me singing<--
May the blessings of the Lord be upon you, the blessings of the Father and the Son. May the blessings of the Lord be upon you, we bless you in the name of the Lord!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little you! 35 years old! You're just a baby and I am older than dirt. Happy Happy anyway!
Justine

Ruth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! At least you don't have chemo on your birthday.

Here's a secret - I've never been hip, either. Plus I throw like a girl.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Whoops, your b-day card is sitting waiting to be mailed! Sorry, Aaron is out in the field and I'm interviewing so I'm a little distracted right now. :) Excuses, excuses!
Kids have a way of making everyone feel old. I said "dude" the other day and this little snarky 8th grader said with disdain dripping from every syllable, "NOBODY says 'dude' anymore,..how old are you?" It hurt. Then I gave him detention for disrespect and I felt better. :)
Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

JP

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Bob H.

Mammy said...

Happy Birthday. 35 sounds young to me. I work with Jr. High and High School kids too and I am glad Shelley gave me a new word to describe them (snarky). I hope your treatments go well and you have a good weekend. Thinking of you.
Brenda