Thursday, May 3, 2007

Today's the day I find out more.

I have an appointment with my oncologist just after lunch today. I wish it was first thing this morning so I would hurry up and know what is going to happen next. I will send the word around as soon as I know anything.

I did get a phone call yesterday at work from one of the oncology nurses asking why I didn't get my blood work done on Tuesday. I didn't understand why I needed blood work until she told me I was down for chemotherapy today. For a moment, I almost cried. I thought I was done with the AC treatments and that my appointment today was with the oncologist to see what is next. I explained this to her, and she said that it just must have been put in the book by accident. Although it was a very short phone call, I don't think I've felt weaker during my treatment so far. Thinking that I was done, and even if it was for a short moment thinking that I wasn't just hit me like a ton of bricks. I hope that all I'm going through will prevent recurrence so I never have to deal with this again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting, waiting, waiting...
Love, Shelly :)

Ruth said...

Anxiously awaiting your update. Yes, I'd cry too if I had to do another round of AC.

Ruth said...

The suspense is killing me.

Anonymous said...

May God comfort you and give you rest and peace.
JP