Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chillout!

Today, just in time for my second Taxotere infusion, the UPS man left a Chillow on my doorstep from somebody who empathized with my hot flashes. At the moment this nifty invention is sitting on my head sucking the heat from my head and I am chillo'n out! Aaaaahhhhh!!! Now for the bone and muscle pain to set in! It is weird that this is now normal for me, but this journey has brought me places in my relationship with Christ that I never dreamed of being. It has brought closer to others in my life as well. I don't see myself as a person with a disease that may kill me, but as a person who is getting better, and the better is physically and spiritually. I wish I could say mentally, but chemo brain is making sure that doesn't happen.

Anyway, this last week has been crazy busy. May is always busy at a high school, and tomorrow will be the craziest ending with graduation in Oklahoma City in the evening. I have decided to go to work tomorrow since finals are next week, and I don't want to cheat my students. They've worked so hard for me this year that I can't cheat them out of the chance of showing me and themselves how much. They've been such an inspiration to me as well as a wonderful source of support. I just hope I don't regret this decision this weekend.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Amy, your dedication as a teacher inspires me. I haven't been to work more than 5 times since January..... you are a real trooper.

Mammy said...

Hang in there Amy---school will be over soon and you can do nothing but rest and take care of yourself. I hope you continue to improve.
Brenda