Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Was Wonderful!

I got to go to Amarillo for Mother's Day. I am one of the lucky people who love my in-laws along with my biological family, and got to see both. Sunday we ate lunch at my Grandma's (mother's mother) for Mother's Day. It was great getting to see my extended family. My mom is the oldest of nine, and most got to come. I am the oldest of 27 cousins on this side, and got to see many of them. Lots of them are WAY closer to Angel's age than mine, and I have to rack my brain to remember all the names since I don't get to see them very often, but everybody I'm related to seems to look beautiful. I guess good genes...
Well, we needed to head home so we could rest before the week (teaching in May wears even the strongest person out), and we got a surprise shower. It was SO sweet... I'm not easily moved to tears, but the waterworks came. I'm still overwhelmed by this sweet show of love. Oh, if anybody has pictures, would you please send them my way. I didn't have my camera out since I didn't know this would happen.
When I got home, my S'Kid (step-daughter) left an apple with caramel, chocolate and nuts for my gift...YUM! The apple was for the teacher, and the caramel and nuts for the S'Mom (Step-mom). I was wondering what the nuts REALLY meant.

Well, on the cancer front, I don't feel nearly as bad on the AC chemo, but the Neulasta shot is still kicking my butt. I'm taking massive amounts of Alieve, but it tears up my guts and bothers the Crohn's disease. I just refuse to take narcotics and be spacier than I already am. I think the chemo is truly affecting my brain power. It is SO hard to remember the easiest things, and I feel like a fool in front of others hourly. I've heard that "chemo-brain" can last for at least a year. Darn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do a great job at school, I enjoy being in class with you!!

JP

Anonymous said...

JP wants a good grade.

Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Janet Payton works with the wonderful teacher..

Ruth said...

Amy - I'm having the same complaints with the Taxol and Neulasta.... (I'm taking Tylenol as we also have bowel disease in common! We're like twins!) ;) Anyway... trooping through Taxol with you. I'm glad you enjoyed Mother's Day.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Yes,it's nice to like your in-laws and your grandchildren (all of them). Angel is a wonderful addition to the family. Glad you all could come. It sounds like you had great fun at the Gressets. Hooray! Love ya' lots,Pat

Amy said...

My little sister speaks before thinking. JP is a friend of mine who I work with. Humph.

Anonymous said...

Your little sister was only joking and can't tell a student from a teacher through her computer screen.