Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Well, I'm officially a parent on paper now to a beautiful 16-year old. Angel Ann Castillo, born July 24, 1990 (man, the year I graduated), moved in yesterday afternoon. Not long after we got her stuff in her room, we went to Lexie's first softball game of the season, and took Lexie home. When the "old people" went to bed, we could hear the girls talking and laughing. It was a VERY good day.

In the "Awww...Man" category, my thinning eyebrows are now showing patches. Thank goodness for pencils. I am really enjoying an extra weekend free from chemo before the toxic fluids are dripped again into my body. Next weekend we're going to Amarillo for Mother's Day. I hope the oncologists promises that this chemo wouldn't be so harsh is true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on both your test results & your adoption. All great news! Praise be to God! Maybe I'll see you on Mother's Day.
Love,
Julie

Ruth said...

Just in time for Mother's Day. What a wonderful gift adoption is... for all of you. Take it from one who knows.

Anonymous said...

So she is a Cancer too? Not sure...She is one of us..or me..or, oh you know what I mean...I'm so happy and can't wait to meet her face to face.
Love,
Shelly