Friday, May 18, 2007

Menopause?!?!?!!?!!?!?!!?

Night sweats -n- hot flashes -n- fatigue, OH MY! The temperature outside is heating up, and so am I. I've been experiencing these symptoms before, but they keep getting worse. I know it means the chemo is working, but it doesn't make it fun at all.

I've been reading It's Always Something by Gilda Radner. It is a delightful and honest book. I haven't been able to finish it yet due to concentration issues, but I wanted to share a short song that she wrote and sang to herself during cancer treatments. I modified the language so I don't shock anybody, which I hate doing it to literature since those are MY words and not the author's words, but the reader will get the point anyway.

I am well.
I am wonderful.
I am cancer free.
No little cancer cell is hiding inside of me.
But if some little cancer cell is sneakily holding on,
I'll bash and beat its effing head and smash it till it's gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice change. I'm sure Gilda would approve - the vehemence is still there.

I have something that will help with the hot flashes at night - it's called a Chillow. I'll get it off to you today. Also, keeping an insulated cup with ice water beside the bed helps too. Cool from the inside while you're flappin' the covers!

Angel sounds like a very smart young woman. This is such an amazing thing you're doing, Amy. I know she will be a comfort, a helper, and a challenge. I have SUCH respect for you.

Sorry if this posts twice...I can't seem to get it to go every time...

Love ya, Kandy

Ruth said...

Concentration problems? Oh, I forgot what I was going to say.