Saturday, May 19, 2007

Songs

I have always loved music. My life has a soundtrack of the songs I remember throughout my life, and I love how any song can bring back memories from the first time I went to a dance (Jump by Van Halen) to driving around in high school (Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses) to one year on the last day of school as a teacher singing Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd. My talent of learning the words and tune easily is now failing me, but a song that has been out for a while came on the radio and is now one of my favorite songs. It is Stand by Rascal Flats.

You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright

[Chorus:]Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand

Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

[Repeat Chorus]

Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Ooohhh

[Repeat Chorus]

Here's a link to the video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zWb0-pCbQ

Another link to Skin by Rascal Flats. It is a great song, but get your tissue ready if you don't know the song. It isn't the official video, but the words are there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lq6dpoLwbY&mode=related&search=

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right Amy the songs were so touching and seems to speak to your heart. Thank you for sharing. God bless!

jp

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

My name is Lori...I am Ruth's cousin. I've been meaning to post on your site as I read it often. You have such a positive attitude with all that you're going through, and to be able to be among high school students is amazing! I couldn't do that on my best day! ;) I love the song you posted as well. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Lori, Peter, and Kate Smith

Ruth said...

Amy, I've been listening to this album cranked up LOUD in my car. It's a great song. I love it.

Ruth