Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oh my aching (fill in the blank)!!!

I've been doing well this week, but have noticed that my bones and muscles hurt and ache more than ever. I've been spending a lot of time in the shower with the hot water running over my back since that is the worst part. I have to make myself not run the opposite way when my hugging students come my way since it hurts to get hugs right now. How bad can that be?

Anyway, I got to start parenting this week. Yesterday (Tuesday) I went out to the car to get some Diet Coke that was in the trunk. Our school has Pepsi products, and if one wants Coke products they have to be brought in. Anyway, the car moved since Angel parked that morning, giving away the fact that she took the car to lunch. I thought, oh darn, what do I do? I have to already play the "bad parent." I went out to the parking lot quickly to sit in the car by the time she got there, and she already moved the car back to the original parking space. I pointed out how impressed I was that she got to the car and moved it so quickly...and then definitely explained to her that I need to know where she was and that she needed permission from now on to leave campus. She quickly said "Got it," and went home. For those of me who think she should get to go during lunch, let me explain that the school has over 2000 students from 10-12 grades, and there are only 2 entrances and exits. We are also in the south part of Oklahoma City, and traffic is not great during lunch time. Maybe I'll be more for it when she has more driving experience.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm with you on the aching blank. Everything hurts ..... if it can make your bones and muscles hurt, it must be kicking the Hell out of little cancer cells, right?

I'd be surprised if you were NOT being tested as a new parent. At least you're not changing diapers! ha.

Anonymous said...

I hope the bone pain doesn't last much longer. Try a heating pad. It might help and save on the water bill. I thought you had chemo-brain. Your handling to the lunch situation was inspired. You are lucky Angel is such a smart and good girl. I agree about leaving for lunch. Love ya' lots, Pat