Thursday, May 3, 2007

Things are going great!

The oncologist is very happy with the results of the PET scan, and said that the cancer has literally "melted away" even more so than he ever expected. The plan for my treatment has changed to four dose dense rounds of chemotherapy with Taxotere and Herceptin, every-other week, and then Herceptin every three weeks until we have to go to another therapy (5 to 15 years). I will then have another PET, hoping the results are the same, and then discuss hormonal therapy and surgery. This is when the surgeon will be included in the treatment plan, but the doctor is SO happy with the results of the PET scan and how I responded to chemotherapy that he wants to keep killing the little alien spawn that may still be hanging around.

Here are some links telling about the chemo therapies I will be on:
Taxotere: http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=4004
Herceptin: http://www.cancerbackup.org.uk/Treatments/Biologicaltherapies/Monoclonalantibodies/Trastuzumab

I am so thankful for the prayers on my behalf, and feel so happy that God found it in His beautiful will to help me heal. I cannot describe my joy and praise on my lips for God at this moment except that it brings me to joyful tears. God IS awesome.

5 comments:

Mammy said...

YEAH!!!I am so happy for you and I know you feel a great amount of relief. Prayer is an awesome thing, and you have had a lot of prayers sent up for you. I hope that things continue as well for you. Brenda

Anonymous said...

YOU are awesome! The little aliens don't have a chance! I'm so happy and relieved that if I weren't so old and tired, I'd get up and do a tap dance. Actually, I don't think I remember how to tap dance. Oh, well--you get the message! Love you!
Justine

Ruth said...

Amy this is WONDERFUL news! But I am confused... do you not have to have a mastectomy now?

Amy said...

The onc. was vague about a mast. Since I'm Stage IV (wasn't restaged, due to insurance paying for Herceptin) he said I COULD have an option. Who knows? is my official answer.

Becky said...

So, if insurance wasn't to be involved, would you have been "restaged"?