Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another day...more good news!

It is interesting how my life has changed in a few hours from anything similar to normality to teeth gritting survival. Now I'm excited over every drop of urine and every passing of the gas. I know it is gross, but I feel totally comfortable sharing this information with anybody since I discuss all of this with almost every person who walks into my hospital room. The staff here is so helpful, and has been bringing me pain killers and shots every time I've needed them. I'm starting to get back to normal, but my kidneys will be upset with me for at least the next six weeks, so while I"m going through recovery for this surgery, I will also be taking care of my kidneys. I guess I'm finding the hard way to give up caffeine. It will be worth it this time.

The word going around is that I will get to go home Saturday. The time here has passed quickly since I've been in and out of the land of Nod, and have had some great visitors and phone calls from people with too many miles to go between us. I am so thankful for all of your prayers and love.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Amy.... so glad to hear things are improving. Talk to you soon.

Mammy said...

I am so glad you are doing so well. Thinking of you, Brenda