Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home, Sweet Home!!!

I finally passed the tests needed to come home, and I'm so happy to be here. I am VERY sore, especially after the ride home. In nine miles there are 9,000 bumps that made my insides feel like they were at war with each other. I took a belly pillow home from the hospital that I used to hold everything close to me while I whined and whimpered to make my mom feel guilty for every bump she even looked at. (I'm such a rotten daughter, aren't I?) I would have never thought I'd voluntarily use a walker, but I was darn happy that there was one for me to use at the house to use to get into the house. This surgery has totally kicked my butt.

I just want to add how happy I am that all of you and God have been here for me this past week. I have never felt fear or loneliness during this time.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I am sooooooo glad to see you are home safe and sound. I cannot even imagine doing the mast at the same time as abdominal surgery. You are a trooper. I'd call, but calling you with two kids on my end.... and you on drugs.... no meaningful conversation would take place. :) Just know I am thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am glad to hear you are home. Maybe you will be able to get some needed rest. May God bless you and your family.

JP

Glenda said...

Thank God. I'm assuming you're still doing ok since you haven't posted anymore. But since you'll be out so long, please let us know how you're progressing. We love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Just wanted to let you know that you, Chris and the family are definitely in our prayers. You have been all through this. We were at Daniel and Sheri's with Doug and Linda also when you guys had the scare. We stopped everything we were doing and had special prayer for you guys right then. We were relieved when Chris said everything was working okay again.
You take care of yourself and get yourself healthy.
Donna