Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Better and better...

That is my Dad's answer when people ask how he's doing. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear it. Aging like a fine wine is how I think of it.
That is how I'm doing, too. All of the steri-strips are off, and can you believe that the surgery wounds are held together with super-glue? I've had no infections, and the pain holds off until the end of the day or when I accidentally bump into anything. My stamina still is pretty low, and it is driving me crazy because mentally I'm ready to go back to work.
I went to the urologist today to have the stints removed that went from my kidneys to the bladder. OUCH!!! I hoped after having the hysterectomy I would be done "taking the position," but I'm not that lucky. He said that everything looked good, but I have to go back in a month to double check. I'm very fond of all my doctors, but this guy always puts a smile on my face. He wears Hawaiian shirts and has the warm personality to go with them.
I'm off to take a nap and dream sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww thats so sweet....

Love
Lexie

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! You might as well enjoy it if your gonna' have to go through it.
Love ya',
Pat Pat

Glenda said...

You always make me smile. Although, I have to tell you I'm not fond of the picture you painted of your doctor visit that is now embedded in my mind! It's not as if we don't have to suffer all the indignities of just being a woman and kicking our legs up for doctors to poke and probe our women parts. But then, we have to go and get the breast beast and let people poke and prod us some more. Love ya and miss ya!

Ruth said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you are right on track - mentally ready to get back to work, but the bod won't cooperate. I went through the exact same thing....soon this will all just be a bad (vague) memory.