Wednesday, August 29, 2007

DAY 3 ( I.P. FREELY)

THIS IS CHRIS AGAIN.....

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND PHONE CALLS.

AMY IS DOING VERY GOOD THIS MORNING. WE HAD A BIT OF SCARE LAST NIGHT, BUT IN THE END IT IS ALL WORKING OUT TO BE THE BEST CASE.

AT ABOUT 6 OCLOCK LAST NIGHT THE SURGEON SHOWED UP WITH PANIC ON HER FACE. AMY HAD NOT PASSED ANY URINE, AND THE DOCTORS COULDN'T FIND ANY REASON FOR THIS. DOCTORS DONT LIKE NOT KNOWING..... SO WE DECIDED, OR THE DOCTOR DECIDED TO GET AGRESIVE. SO OFF TO SURGERY WE GO.

FIRST A UROLOGIST ATTEMPTED TO PASS A SCOPE THROUGH. THERE WAS NO LUCK BECAUSE THE TUBING OF THAT AREA WAS BLOCKED. THIS WAS GOOD NEWS, BECAUSE IT MENT WE HAD A TUBING PROBLEM AND NOT A KIDNEY PROBLEM. THEN THE SURGEON TOOK OVER AND WENT BACK IN THROUGH THE ORIGINAL INCISION. CLEARED THE PINCHED TUBING, AND AS THEY SAY, LET THE WATER WORKS BEGIN.
SHE IMMEDIATLY BEGAN URINATING, AND THE CRISSIS WAS OVER.

THIS MORNING AMY MANAGED TO WAKE UP BEFORE ME AND CALL ME. I TOOK THIS AS A GREAT SIGN. WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING, SHE WAS AWAKE AND MAKING JOKES. SHE IS HEALING AND WILL GO HOME ABOUT SUNDAY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, this was the best news ever. I am so glad things are going as well as they are. An extra surgery is not a good thing but sounds like the best case ever. Called June and Joan and Bobby and Brenda. Talk to you soon.

Ruth said...

oh thank GOD. So glad to read this. But more surgery.... yuck.

Glenda said...

Girl, you had me scared! I felt better when I talked to Chris this morning, but knew everything was ok when I had a message on my phone from YOU. You took 10 years off my life and I'm too old for that. Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that Ruth left a comment She has been so faithful, she seems like part fo the family. Moticed her Dad left a message. So sweet. Talked to everyone again. Prayers going up everywhere. Cousin Stephen is on the blog and I know it will give him strength to read your couraageous words, Pray for him also. Love G.