Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School, Two Different Hospitals, and General Frusteration

Today was the second day of school, and I am exhausted! I moved into a TINY classroom with lots of crap. It took hours and help to get it set up for my students, and I was so ready to see their faces! There is a special electricity in the building this time of year, and it makes it worth getting up earlier than I'd like to and putting on makeup. My class is full most hours, and I'm trying to figure what to do with my students for the next two months since I will be gone at least six weeks. I hate that, but I gotta do what I gotta do. At least I got up and went to work on so many mornings when I was tempted to call in sick so I have enough sick days stored up.

On Monday I THOUGHT that my surgery would be at OCOM. I was going to post it, but I've been too tired after getting home. Today when I came home there was a message from one of the surgeon's office telling me that the other surgeons were wrong and it is to be at Integris Southwest. After I took a big giant sigh, I took a look at the clock and noted it was after five, so I'll have to wait tomorrow to call the doctors again. What a mess!

My general frustration has nothing to do with school or the surgery, but I found out today that one of my friends at work now has breast cancer. What the heck!?! Is this crap contagious? What sucks for her right now is that she is in the "not knowing what is going on" phase. She has an appointment with the same surgeon that is doing my surgery next week, and without releasing her name, I'm just asking for prayers for her right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! If there's one thing for sure in this world it's that you can't be sure of anything. Is a tiny room better than a cart? Love ya' lots, Pat