Saturday, August 18, 2007

Outing Glenda

Normally, I'm one of the best people to tell a secret to. I'm going to blame chemo-brain when I almost outed Glenda to my classroom. Her name is a link to her blog, so she's out of the pink ribbon closet and I feel free to use her name.

Okay, back to my big-fat mouth. The other morning when my surgeon's nurse called to give me the final and official time and place of my surgery, I mentioned that I had a friend who was just diagnosed who was visiting the office next week. When she asked for her name, I blurted out her name...then slapped my hand over my mouth. DUH! I went as soon as the bell rang to confess and beg for forgiveness. Sweet as she is, it was no big deal.

Anyway, I've posted the link to her blog. I recommended she start her own to communicate without having to explain the same thing over and over and over and to help get feelings off her chest. I hate cancer. I really hate when somebody I know and care for is diagnosed. Check her out and give her some support. The time after diagnosis was the worst part for me of this whole journey.

No comments: