Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tomorrow's the day

I'm counting down to less than 24 hours before I'm wheeled into the operating room. I don't FEEL too nervous since I know this is essential to my long term survival, but I'm nowhere excited about this, either. I will leave the OR without parts of me that have been around since I was born, well, one since junior high. It seems weird getting rid of something that I anticipated so much so many years ago and bought cute accessories to go with in the years since. I'm not SAD about the occasion, but somewhere in my heart I know I'm mourning the changes that will be happening to my body whether I want to admit it or not.

I think I'm as prepared as I can be for this momentious occasion: I've packed a small bag for the hospital with a sleep mask, earplugs, and a few other things that will help me survive a few days in the hospital. I've had all the copies made for my substitute (thanks to awesome assistants and copy ladies at my school), and all the clothes are being launderied as I type. I've prayed with several people, and my heart feels the peace that only comes from God.

I will give my password to Chris, and hopefully he will post how things are going. He will have his phone, and my mother will have mine...so if you are desperate for news, call either number. all our incoming minutes are free, so don't worry about that. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, along with my family and friends who have to endure someone they love going through surgery. I want to thank all of you for all your love and support. It means the world to me.

5 comments:

Mammy said...

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Brenda

Ruth said...

Thinking of you as you go into this surgery.... knowing you will be fine, but also knowing very well what you are facing. I'm always here if you need me.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

This is Ruth's cousin Lori again. I've had your surgery date in the back of my mind and wanted to be sure to send my thoughts and prayers. I think about you and your journey often. You have been important to Ruth and she is so very important to me, so I thank you for the support you've given her. Now it's my turn to give back. Go with God and trust that you will come through this stronger and healthier than you could ever have imagined.
Lori Smith

Anonymous said...

You are a brave Gurl....
Love ya
Your Sdaughter.... LOL!!!
Lexie

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am sending all of my extra strength to you today. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Much Love,

Brynn