Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cyclops

I went to the surgeon yesterday, and instead of placing a drain, she stuck a needle throught he muscle to the fluid pocket and removed almost 200cc of fluid. My skin was numbed, but that didn't stop the ouch factor in the muscle and the gross factor visualizing what she did. Her nurse came in and wrapped me corset style where the remaining boob was trying to pop out in dangerous capacity. I don't know if it was the restriction of oxygen or the visual picture in my head, but I felt very light headed before leaving, and Chris had to come and pick me up with thanks to his dad who just arrived in town. I started feeling bad again during dinner, and Chris thankfully came up with a more humane way to wrap my chest. The only downside is that I truly look like a Pop-eye (if you get to close...hehe) or a Cyclops. The hope in the wrapping is that I won't have to endure multiple needle pokes in my chest and I can start radiation ASAP. I will update as soon as I know anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July, hope things are healing fast and you are doing great!!
jp

Anonymous said...

Chatted on internet with Duke librarian. 200 cc is .8 cup. That's a lot! Take care of yourself. Love ya', Pat