Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two Steps Back

Tomorrow will be two weeks since the surgery, and I have continued to grow in strength and prepare myself mentally and emotionally for the radiation. I went to meet the radiation oncologist this morning to determine when I will start radiation and the areas he will radiate. My surgery sight remains so swollen that he ran a quick CT scan to determine the reason. So much fluid has collected behind the muscle the implant hid behind that it looks like the implant is still there!!! I meet with my surgeon this afternoon to discuss placing a new drainage tube. According to the radiation oncologist, it will take at least a week for the fluid pocket to drain, and only then can we plan the radiation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, is there anything I can do to help? I can claan a little or alot, just call and I will be there. Hey I think that is a song too.

love ya,
janet