Thursday, June 4, 2009

Battle Plan...I think

I met with Dr. K today, who happens to be the best oncologist in the world in my humble opinion. I'm going to start a new anti-hormonal called Arimidex. I am not a fan of these medicines because the side effects make me feel at least 30 years older, but I will push on. I will have surgery soon after I return from Florida, and will have two to three weeks to heal before the radiation treatment. Radiation is not fun because it requires going to the facility five days a week for six to nine weeks. Mine will be a thirty minute drive away, but at least I will be in my own bed every night. Radiation has been referred to the worst tanning bed EVER, and a little research can find why. I don't want to look at the moment. During radiation, I will begin taking another oral medication called Tykerb. When it first came out, it was touted as the "new Herceptin," but it isn't... I will take an oral chemotherapy called Xeloda along with the Tykerb.

Believe it or not, I'm doing very well mentally. I forgot to do something at work that is upsetting me WAY more than this recurrance. I already proved to myself I can make it through diagnosis, I just have to do it. I have God taking care of the hard stuff for me, and I just have to show up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND SHOW UP YOU WILL,AS YOU ALWAYS DO (WITH YOUR BOXING GLOVES ON)
LOL PAT

Ruth said...

Loving that you show up. Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip.....

Anonymous said...

I know that you are strong in the Lord and pray He will hold you and give you peace and all of His love.You are a great person and I love to work with you and love you as one of my own daughters.
jp