Friday, May 29, 2009

Left hand/right hand?

When visiting multiple doctors, some days I wonder if the left hand has a clue what the right hand is doing...

The plastic surgeon gave the "go-ahead" to take out the implant or not take out the implant depending on what the radiation oncologist wants. I meet with her next Tuesday, so I have a list on what to ask. I really need to know because I don't know whether to buy a mastectomy swimsuit or not...and buying a swimsuit isn't easy in the first place. You can see where my priorities are.

Please keep my Uncle Ray in your prayers. He had a recurrence of leukemia after less than six months in remission and will have to go to Maryland for a bone marrow transplant. To have a bone marrow transplant is tough, because he will have to be in almost total isolation because the doctors will have to totally kill his immune system. This is for a guy who likes to be around people...a lot! The process of killing the immune system is not fun, either. I won't go into it, but you can look it up if you want to totally cringe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE WHERE YOUR PRIORITIES ARE. LOTS OF LOVE, PAT