Friday, May 22, 2009

Lemonade

Today I got the official news: the cancer is back. I've been holding onto a hope that the lump was benign, but I didn't get that lucky. While waiting for a call from my surgeon this morning, I got a call from her nurse to schedule an appointment with my plastic surgeon for the consult to remove the implant. At the moment, I was still holding onto hope, so it was like a punch in the gut. I went to find Chris and had a very good cry, then told my family, co-workers, and friends. In a way, I feel like I'm letting a lot of people down. I know better than that...I just wanted to keep dancing with NED (No Evidence of Disease). Well, I'm starting to think of the lemonade...like the fact I've never really been happy with my reconstruction, it IS almost summer and I won't miss school, and God does have enough strength to help me go through this again as many times as I have to.

It is time to put my imaginary pink boxing gloves back on and fight again. I just home this time it is a knock-out punch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, you truly are a blessing to me and a beautiful person too. I pray God will bless you and help you and shine His face upon you.
I love this bible verse because I know that God is good and He loves you very much and He will give you the strenght to go through what ever you face.
Please let me help you in some way. Just call. I love you!! JP

Becky said...

As long as your moving you've got a chance. Hang in there. We're all praying for you!

Jessica said...

Keep fighting Amy. You will get your knock out. Love you.