Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation!

Thanks to some wonderful people in my life, I got to go to Tampa and visit my best friend before my surgery tomorrow. I had a wonderful time. I went to Busch Gardens and saw very cool animals and rode very scary rollercoasters. I also went to Discovery Cove and swam with dolphins and sting rays. The beach was wonderful, the food was wonderful, and the company was wonderful. I will post pictures when I have time.

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 9:15, and I will lose my implant and more skin. As soon as it is healed, I will begin radiation to a large area of my chest, the base of my neck, and my arm pit. I will be radiated five times a week for six weeks, and the goal is for the skin to be blistered and peeling because that is where this recurrance occured. My rad oncologist is awesome and took 45 minutes to explain and answer my questions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and I will ask my church to add you to the prayer list. My number is in the phone book call me if I can help out in any way.
jp

Anonymous said...

You are being remembered in my daily prayers. Keep up the good fight!
Pat Nixon

Anonymous said...

MBR PRAYER GROUP AT WORK IS PRAYING FOR YOU AND THEY ASK ABOUT YOU DAILY. SO GLAD YOU GOT TO HAVE VACATION TIME. TELL ME ABOUT DOLPHINS & STING RAYS. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT. BELL TOLD ME TO GIVE YOU HER BEST. SHE HAS BREAST CANCER TOO. LOVE YA',
PAT