Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Week After Surgery

First, I want to make a correction to my last post. Due to the use of painkillers, I mistakenly believed I helped cook dinner after my operation, when I actually just gave directions. My mother called me, laughingly, telling me that they probably gave me too much pain killer before leaving the hospital...I say no such thing. :)

I can feel myself getting stronger every day, and sleeping less. I finally started getting "cabin fever" yesterday, and drove myself to the surgeon's office for my follow-up appointment. My incision is looking good and I'm healing well, but the swelling is freakish to me. She told me it was normal for the trauma of the surgery. I will just say it looks like my boob is regenerating like the tail of a lizard...if anybody wants a picture, I will be more than happy to send an e-mail. I think it is cool, but I don't want to gross anybody out...

The heat is incredibly hard on me. It has been at least 100 degrees all week and just walking to the car and waiting for the A/C to kick on wears me out. I'm longing for the extra long Spring we were blessed with earlier this summer, but to pay for it we went directly to August!

On a separate note, please pray for a friend of mine named Jennifer E. She just found out she had a recurrence on top of her implant, similar to mine. Somebody who shouldn't be communicating with people, period, told her that she had an 85% chance of metastatic cancer... She hasn't made any appointments yet to find out about her scans and she is very scared. Have I mentioned I HATE this disease?

3 comments:

Becky said...

send me a pic. I'm curious. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm always thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

SEND THE BOOB PICTURE AND THE DOLPHIN PICTURES. I HATE IT TOO! MY VET'S NURSE IS A 7 YEAR SURVIVOR. SHE WANTED ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT CALMOSEPTINE TO USE TO SOOTH WITH RADIATION. YOU MAY HAVE COOKED DINNER. WE'LL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE. LOVE, PAT

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you are healing well. Enjoy the day and be blessed!!
jp