Friday, June 19, 2009

Surgery Report

It is very nice to be a "pet" patient of my doctors. When my surgeon saw me in the waiting room, she instructed the staff to bring me in to prepare for the surgery. She had a surgery to take care of before mine, but I didn't have time to get bored like I did last time. I woke up sore as heck, but came home happy due to a small shot of morphine before I left. I did more than I should have after getting home, including cooking supper, and have paid for it two days now. I have been pretty sore, but I'm not sure if it is from moving too much or not moving enough. This is no fun. This morning, my surgeon's nurse removed the drainage tube. After peeling me off the ceiling, she said the scars were healing well and made a follow-up with Dr. C next week.

Chris and Lexie have been great, and so has my mom, who is the BEST cook in the world. There will be a slumber party at the house tonight that was planned before Chris knew of the surgical date (read he didn't listen to me). Lexie's softball team will have a tye-dye the white jersey party, including pizza and lots of sugar. Thank goodness for good meds!

Honesty: I really want to play brave for everybody, but inside I whine a lot. I don't like pain, and that is probably why I don't exercise often. I truly trust God to take care of me, but I really don't want to go trough all of this. I understand (just to a tiny portion) Christ praying in the garden before his kiss of betrayal. I'd rather just ignore the cancer until it is too late, but that is just a fleeting thought and I know I still have job to do.

I am thankful for all your prayers. I KNOW I couldn't do this on my own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a scripture that has helped me and I want to share with you. ISAIAH 46:4

LOVE YOU,

jp

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW IT TAKES A LOT OF GUTS TO ADMIT THE WHINING. YOU ARE SOOOO STRONG IT MAKES ME ASHAMED OF MY SELF. IF THE SLUMBER PARTY GETS TO BE TOO MUCH, TAKE THE DRUGS. LOVE YA', PAT

Becky said...

Amy, I'm keeping you in my prayers. And I think you should whine if you want to.

Ray & Kim said...

Amy, I am encouaged to hear you say that you have a job to do, because I've been down the same road. I'm sure you also have realized that our purpose of existence goes way beyond just the here and now. Our pleasures and/or discomforts should not be for our own benefit but for others to benefit from. So let's both move forward and offer our own little inconveniences for others. Isn't it great to be a Christian?

Give Chris our love!
Love ya,
Ray

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40:28-31

love ya,

jp