Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dry Run

I officially begin the first of 37 radiation treatments tomorrow, well, later today. Today was my dry run, and it was about as much fun as doing laundry. I assumed the position on the radiation machine and got a few more tats and marks while the techs took notes so it can be set up for me when I come in from now on. The machine will be placed in three different positions to radiate the lymph nodes in my neck, arm-pit and sternum areas, as well as my skin and chest wall. I continue to be amazed by modern medicine and wonder how the heck somebody thought to start the radiation treatments in the first place. Please keep prayers in mind tomorrow for my friend Jen E who will have surgery tomorrow for a recurrence in her chest wall.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Prayers for both of you.

BTW - Like the new look of your blog. Kind of grown up and serious...does that mean you're grown up and serious? Nahhhh! Surely not.

Amy said...

Shhhh...it is all an illusion that I'm finally growing up. :)