Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feeling the Burn

Eleven down, 26 to go. I noticed my skin turning red yesterday and I started to feel the burn today. I went to my radiation treatment in a good rain so the drive wasn't as irritating today. I love rain and love thunderstorms.

Every Wednesday, I am X-Ray-ed to make sure I am getting the radiation treatment to the correct places. My radiation treatment is in a lead room (don't lick the walls) so there is no radio, but they have CD's that they play. For the last week the same Beatles CD has been playing, and since I'm the first treatment of the day it has been the same three songs. I teased the techs that they were going to ruin the Beatles for me so I was serenaded by the the Black Eyed Peas today. I am finally getting in a comfortable place during my treatment and know where to place my behind and how to put my arm up so it lands in the correct place.

If you have lifted up my uncle Ray in prayers I want to thank you. He may get to (finally) go home tomorrow. Stupid cancer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess go for the burn would not apply in this case. Hang in there! You are so brave. LOL Pat

Anonymous said...

CANCER SUCKS!!!!! Have you had any scans to see if the cancer is detectable anywhere, or does that come at a later date? Miss you! Love ya---Toni

meredith said...

You don't know me. I found your blog through YSC boards. I was dx with bc 5 years ago when I was 25. Still dealing with reconstruction issues. Blah

Hang in there girly. Love the blog!