Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally!

A plan...



I went to the radiation oncologist this morning and got to place my body on a plank twelve inches wide and go through the donut CT machine. It is somewhat a pain in the butt-ox because the position I had the fun of assuming was to turn my face to my right, hold my left arm over my head in a weird dancer position, tuck my thumb into my waistband, and keep my legs and feet uncrossed while breathing normally. I am *not* a back sleeper, and had to be told to stay still and uncross my feet about five times. I finally groaned back that I would stay still, but I didn't have to like it. CT scans are very quick but I had to stay still while the doctor looked at the pictures and determined where the tattoos would go. I had to stay in "the position" during the tattoo process, but that was the easiest part. The tattoo process was a pin-type object poked in my skin a few times and done. I will begin radiation treatment next Wednesday after a "set-up" appointment on Tuesday.



I also had the pleasure of seeing my regular oncologist after lunch. He discussed what chemo I will probably do after the radiation therapy and how long I will take it. He also put my mind at ease because I have been worrying that if the breast tumor came back would the other tumor sights come back with no treatment. Actually, taking the Arimedex is a form of treatment.



I will honestly say that I am *too* young to take the amount of medication that I do...



On a good point, I got a reading gift that is helping me on my goal of reading nothing of intellectual value before school starts. Thanks to the gifters...I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you have 2 tatoos. Have you read Butterfly Perfune? I'm glad you got to see Dr. K. Love ya', Pat