Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Week Report

I have had six radiation treatments, and it has been side effect free so far. I try really hard not to resent the treatments every day when I get up, but I do. I'm now kicking myself for scheduling the first appointment of the day. Only when I'm in direct sunlight, I can see a faint tan on my chest. I can feel something with my neck, and it isn't discomfort or anything, just something different. I have spent way too much money on radiation lotions and creams, but hold faith that they will keep the worst side effects away. Oh, I guess I do have one side effect: I'm very tired. I think I could easily sleep 16 hours a day, and it stinks because I slept away a beautiful and cool day when it was perfect to be outside. Oh, well, this too shall pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate cancer too. love pat

Anonymous said...

I STILL HATE CANCER. AFTER ABOUT UNCLE RAY I KNOW WHY YOU THINK SO MUCH OF HIM.