Thursday, June 28, 2007

Travelin'

Greetings from Kansas City! We were so pooped by the time we got here I'm not sure if we're on the Kansas or Missouri side. We're on our way to Washington Island, WI, and I am excited. The weather will be cool and I believe it will be sunny. In Oklahoma, we've been having quite the opposite of what the weather has been in the last 5 to 6 years of drought...rain...rain...and more rain. It produced a wonderful wheat crop for many farmers, but many haven't even been able to harvest, and many crops have been hailed out. If you are a Harry Potter reader, you may recall that in the 6th book the Dementors were reproducing, and it was making a daily rain in parts of England (my thoughts when I read that is that I thought it rained all the time there anyway). Anyway, I'll be glad to see some sun. I feel like a flower planted in the shade!

Anyway, I'll be seeing my surgeon after I get back on July 11th, I believe. I can't remember anything without my calendar with me, and I didn't bring it. I'll try to remember to post some pictures of our trip. Lexie and Angel are coming along, and they've been great so far. We're 1/3 of the way there, so I better go wake up my crew and get them fed and on the road.

1 comment:

Mammy said...

Have a great vacation. You deserve it. I am happy to hear about your results. Keep you chin up.
Brenda