Monday, June 11, 2007

Defying Gravity

Last night, Chris and I went out on our first date night since before I was diagnosed. We had tickets to see Wicked for over a year, and even got season tickets to guarantee that we would get to see the show. The problem with the show is that we are in the cheap seats. The season tickets for our seats cost less than one ticket for the orchestra section, and we are...oh...about five stories up. The view isn't horrible, but the people we sat around were borderline that. The couple to my right visited constantly until the music started, and the lady sang to every song. The lady in front of us held at least four cell phone conversations, and lit up our lives with her text messaging throughout the whole show. If someone wants to visit and sing...go to a ball game, NOT a musical...unless it is Rocky Horror Picture Show, but that is another topic. Sorry to rant, but it is frustrating to miss parts of a wonderful show because of others behavior.

On my last chemo, Herpectin was added to the Taxotere. I don't know if the mixture changed the side effects, but I hurt badly now. I spent most of the weekend in bed, and may spend most of today there.

On a personal level, we had to ground Angel for the first time last night. When we came home from the show, she was neither at the house or at work, nor had she left any note about where she was. She took the grounding very well, but we will get to spend a lot of time together in the next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you and Chris made time for yourselves. You deserve it. Teenagers sometimes can be difficult to understand, I was and probably still am today. She is sweet and I know everything will work out.
jp