Thursday, June 7, 2007

MRI are NO FUN

I arrived for my MRI promptly at 8AM yesterday, and for the first time during my whole treatment, I didn't have to wait at all. I was ushered in to change into a sexy hospital gown and then walked to the MRI room. The radiologist who walked me to the dressing room warned me that it would be AT LEAST three hours. To explain why I hated the MRI so much, I need to say that I NEVER lay flat on my back. When I sleep, I prefer to sleep on my side in the fetal position...and then I have to lay FLAT on my back for the first two scans. After I'm put into position, including a giant rubber band to hold my feet together and a cage over my pelvic area, I was put into the MRI machine to await my scan. Over a speaker I heard, "this one will be 4 1/2 minutes." I thought that the test wouldn't be bad at all until after that test I heard "4 1/2 minutes...5 minutes...6 1/2 minutes...6 1/2 minutes...and then I stopped counting." The first scan ended up being 40 minutes. As she was moving me for the scan of my femur, she told me I could scratch my nose or head or drum my fingers. That occupied me for a little while, but by the end of the scan, I had my poor head scarf off, and tied then untied in knots. My back was aching like crazy, but I was only 1/3 of the way through. I teased my radiologist about torture, but she took it really well. She hated what she was doing to me. Anyway, I also had to scan my lower lumbar area, then do it all again with some contrast injected in. All in all, I left just shy of 1PM, and I hope to never have to MRI again. No more whining...

I took the girls to the mall in the afternoon with Angel's boyfriend and BF's little brother. I jokingly call him Derwood as a joke since at first I couldn't remember his name. (Think Bewitched) After the mall, we picked Chris up and went to Lexie's softball game. Her team won by eight runs, and Lexie hit a ball clear into center field. It was a great game. I kind of like the boyfriend, so that may mean he won't be around for long. Who knows.

I will post as soon as I know anything about the MRI. I have chemo today at 1PM, and will be done about 3:30 or 4:00.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Kudos for hanging out in that MRI torture chamber for so long. Personally, I think they also use them to break prisoners of war. They are waaayyy too noisy! Hope you get good news. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Love ya, Becky