Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm back in the saddle again.

I started back to work yesterday. Some may think I'm crazy, but I love my job and hated being away from my students. As I've gotten better physically, emotionally I've been worse. I've been in the middle of a pitty party for myself and almost sequestered myself from the rest of the world. I would go to my doctor appointments and put on a happy face for them, but the rest of the time I pretty much kept to myself. It is weird: I would be very happy when people called or e-mailed, but I never really called anybody or e-mailed them back. I "didn't want to bother anybody" with my feeling sorry for myself. I knew that this was depression, but it didn't make it easier to do anything about it. Every few days I wrote long blogs that have been deleted because I didn't want anyone to worry about me. The good news is that I'm getting better now. Going back to work is just what I needed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen girlfriend, I am here to listen in good times and in bad. God knows you have listen to me in enough bad times, let me return the favor every once in a while. It would make me feel better, and I know that you want to make me feel better don't you?

Glad you are back at work, don't over do it.
Take it easy cheesey.
Love ya,
Me :)

Anonymous said...

ya know, I would think with everything you've been through in the last year, an occasional pity party would be warranted. I would think there are several of us who could be on the invite list and help you to "celebrate". You know, "where 2 or 3 or gathered".....

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! An occassional pity party is certainly needed now and then. Can't think of any one who has been through more than you the last year. I really missed hearing from you and am tahrilled you are back at school. Kids can lift our spirits as no one else can. When you are a good teacher and you certainly are , the classroom is where your heart is. love, G

Ruth said...

Going back to work was very liberating for me, as well! I'm glad you're back in the saddle. Thanks for the birthday card - it was hilarious!