Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Easiest surgery so far...

I have an implant now! It is soft and filled with saline and a very easy surgery. I think the anesthesia used must have been a lighter variety because I came out of it without the feeling I was smacked in the head. I was home in time for dinner even though all I ate were some peanut butter crackers.

I haven't got to look at it yet since I'm bound in an ACE bandage that isn't to come off until today when I go for the follow up visit. I've already tried peeking under the ACE but the skin is covered with a 4 X 4 bandage. I have a drain coming out of the surgery sight because there was a fluid pocket under the muscle. I was hoping it would be pulled out today, but I'm afraid there is too much fluid coming out to do that.

I am so glad this was so easy. I'm planning on walking in the Race for the Cure next weekend, and I was afraid I might have to ride the Survivor Trolley. Next year...the 3-Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yehaaaaaaw!
Take care of yourself.
Love ya",
Pat

Becky said...

congrats on the new boob!

Anonymous said...

Do glad this went easy. You deserve it! Brave girl. Just the word knife makes me cringe. I had three in one year and hope never to do it again. No way to compare to what you have done. When will you be home? Would love to see you. Linda said Shelly ils coming Christmas. Maybe then. Love G.