Sunday, October 21, 2007

Race for the Cure

I am SO jealous I didn't get my head painted while I was bald. This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
This is Lyla. I recognised her from a message board that has been essential to my sanity in the past eight months.
This is Parker. He is one of my former students. He hasn't seen me in a long time but recognised me because of my eyes.

This is the University of Oklahoma Women's Basketball Team. They were cheering on the walkers and runners near the finish line and were active in the closing ceremony.
The Race was AMAZING! There were over 17,000 people there, and lots of money going to fund breast cancer research. The RFTC (Race for the Cure) is mostly a celebration of life, and survivors are celebrated, but there were too many names on the back of t-shirts to remember those who have died from this nasty disease. I'm going to place some of my favorite pictures:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so great meeting you! I wish I would have had my camera so that I could have taken a pic of you too!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Looks like you had a Great Time!!!Were you able to walk the whole way?

So does this mean that I have to start walking now, or can I put it off a little while longer? My friends did the 3 day walk this weekend, give me a call when you get a chance and I will tell you how you inspired them as well!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Any, thanks for sharing the pics. I had planned to do the walk but I ended up with two of my nephews and two of my nieces so ended up going to the weather fair in Norman instead. I hope you raise enough money for the three day walk.
Donna