Friday, July 20, 2007

Sharing other people's work

I've had this link in my favorites for months, but never published because it is pretty emotional for me. It is a beautiful video that a fellow cancer vixen did for Relay for Life, and I think now I'm ready to share. The pictures are women from the Young Survival Coalition, where I have found that I'm not the only one going through this at my age. Just a quick aside about that: When people get around to the topic that I have breast cancer, many people, especially people my age say something like, "My grandmother had (or died) from breast cancer." In my head, I'm yelling, "Do I look like your grandmother!" but I smile and ask how the grandmother is or give my condolences. The yelling in my head comes and goes, and I do know it isn't all about me and know that they are just trying to relate. I just feel like such a freak of nature sometimes.

Kid Fears

This is another link that I've had, and it was done specifically for YSC, and the song is by Melissa Etheredge. When it comes to survivors, I don't look at their politics or private lives, but look to their strength. This song is great, and will remind me to keep fighting for others when my scars are healed and my hair is back.

I Run For Life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. You have done so well. A dose of reality is sobering. Your daughters may not be as young as those we saw but they need you just the same. Be strong! A certain amount of fear is a good thing. It keeps you honest! How did the blog get so big today? Lots of love, Pat Don't forget to save me some salmon if you can.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angel!!!!!!!!!!