Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dear Cancer,

I just wanted to let you know that I got up and walked three miles this morning, and this was after walking three miles last night. I have to be perfectly honest and say that I've never been motivated to exercise before. I didn't care too much about those extra pounds and the jigglies. For my health, I've done the minimum needed...off and on...but never have been truly motivated to keep up with it. Now, I have a reason. I want to get rid of you.

While I'm out, I'm going to tell people why I'm walking. I'm going to tell them about the strength and courage that came only from God, and how awesome HE is. His praise is forever on my lips. I'm going to walk so that no parents will have to hold sick babies who are too young to understand why they have to get stuck, so that mothers won't have to explain to their babies why they can't pick them up, so that parents don't have to worry about burying their child... I'm going to walk so mothers can see their children marry, so that every pain won't be a worry about cancer, so these awesome oncologists can go into general practice. I walk because I hate you.

I know...I know...you're just doing your job, but you more than anybody need to be unemployed. You are a killer, and deserved to be locked away in test tubes like polio, and I've decided I'm going to be a part of putting you away. I'm going to train, and use my feet as the platform to stomp you out.

Goodbye you jerk!

Amy Watkins

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You inspire all who know you not to be passive about life, but to take action and be a positive force. I know that you will walk and walk with pride and determination. And please know that if you need anything I am just a phone call (then a plane ride) away.

Thank you for being you!
Love you! Toni

Anonymous said...

May the Lord bless on your journey!! Enjoy God's beautiful creation for us.

love ya,

jp

Ruth said...

Yup. Screw you cancer. You messed with the wrong people this time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Father God! Amy,keep up the "Attitude". Love, Pat