Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Feeling normal(ish)

First of all, I just want to tell friends and family that Angel's birthday is next week on July 24. I would totally appreciate it if people would send an e-mail or a card to her. If you need our address (snail or e-mail) just send an e-mail to me or ask a family member. We are planning a little BBQ in honor of her 17th birthday, and I haven't bought invitations. I'm so bad at planning things. I know she doesn't read this, so if you want to come, everybody is invited. Just call if you need directions and details. We're in the phonebook, and I'll give you info. I have lost too many phone numbers and e-mails to count this year.

I have started walking every morning. I think I get more exercise slapping mosquitoes, but it is a start. I feel like I've never walked for exercise before in my life, and feel too weak to go too far from the house. My hair is still growing and filling in. My hair is darker than it was when I began coloring it in junior high, WAY darker. It is also so soft. I don't know if I'll end up coloring it or not. I DID grow up in Texas in the 1980's, so it is in my blood.

I haven't heard anything about a surgery date, and guess that I have to meet with the two other doctors who will be on the team. I've been reading Ruth's blog and the firsthand account of the mastectomy surgery sucks. I DO know from a reliable source that if I have a hysterectomy that I can't vacuum for a full year (It is a joke, but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth).

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It sucks, but it is so great to be ALIVE, Miss Amy.... I'm only 5 days out from surgery and doing so much better.... Also, if you're only gonna do ONE side, maybe you can sleep on the OTHER. ;)
Ruth