Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Waiting for the phone to ring

I haven't stared at the phone like this since I was in college waiting to hear from my latest beau. Now, I'm staring at the phone waiting to hear when I will have a CT/PET scan.
Why am I doing this? Well....
I had an appointment with the surgeon today, expecting to have surgery tomorrow. I guess that when people have a sick appendix or gall bladder, they take it out almost automatically, and that is kind of what I expected. I found out I will have to undergo more testing. I have the CT/PET scan and a fine needle biopsy to look forward to. The scan is to see if there is cancer anywhere else, and the biopsy is to find out what kind of cancer it is. This will help the team of surgeon, radiologist, and medical oncologist decide where I go next.
Oh my goodness! They just called. It is tomorrow. Maybe I'll find out more the day after tomorrow.

No comments: